Brookline Historical Society
Photo Collection

First Police Station, Prospect St., circa 1873
Previously the second town hall, this building became police headquarters in 1873 when a new much larger, town hall was opened across the street on the corner with Washington St.

From Photographs of Brookline: taken about 1876 / Richard Hills. Call No.: BROOKLINE/Special (CAGE B.R. 974 H6), Brookline Public Library.
[Source: Brookline Preservation Department]
Police Force, circa 1878
Front row, left to right, the three officers with special badges on their hats: Sargeant Harris Head, Chief Alonzo Bowman, Deputy Chief Patrick H. Cusick
Police Baseball Champions, 1916
Rear: Duke Connelly, Mike Cunniff, Tim Killion, Fred Fleming, Pat Rutledge, Sgt. Connors, Jim Casey, George Driscoll, Ed Mac Murray

Front: Joe O’Connell, Walter Johnson, Jim Ward, Eddie Moloney, John Donovan
Edward Moloney in his Brookline police uniform, circa 1918
Son of James Moloney, Sr., brother to Margaret and James Jr. who are also featured in this collection.
Police Station and Courthouse, Demolished 1963
Northeast corner of Washington St. & Prospect St. Site of present-day town hall.
Police Station and Courthouse, Demolished 1963
Northeast corner of Washington St. & Prospect St. Site of present-day town hall.