Brookline Historical Society
Corey Hill

View From Corey Hill
Looking toward Allston-Brighton
[Source: Brookline Public Library]
View From Corey Hill
Identification pending.
[Source: Brookline Public Library]
Aerial View, Corey Hill, 1925
[Source: Digital Commonwealth]
Beacon St. & Summit Ave., 1887
Looking west on Beacon St. to the left, Elizabeth F. Raymond mansion in the center, Summit Ave to the right.

From the 1887 photo series taken just before the widening of Beacon St.
[Source: Digital Commonwealth]
Corey Hill Hospital, 1900s
Corey Hill Hospital, 1918
Top of Summit Ave. near Brighton border
69 Summit Ave., 1888
Residence of John Knox Marshall, house is still standing.
Summit Ave., 1888
Residence of Henry B. Eager, #72 (approx.) on Summit, no longer standing.
U. S. Army Influenza Epidemic Camp, September 24, 1918
Top of Summit Ave., looking north to the left. In the upper right is 141 Summit Ave., no longer standing.
[Source: National Archives]
U. S. Army Influenza Epidemic Camp, September 24, 1918
Top of Summit Ave., looking northeast toward Harvard St.
[Source: National Archives]
U. S. Army Influenza Epidemic Camp, October, 1918
[Source: National Archives]
U. S. Army Influenza Epidemic Camp, 1918
Top of Summit Ave., looking north. The house at 186 Summit Ave., still standing, is in the rear.
[Source: Brookline Preservation Department]
U. S. Army Influenza Epidemic Camp, 1918
Top of Summit Ave., looking north.
[Source: Brookline Preservation Department]
Summit Ave., 1888
Residence of George Francis Fabyan, at the top of Summit Ave., no longer standing.
101 Summit Ave., 1888
Residence of Jerome Jones, still standing.
Looking toward Allston From Corey Hill, 1876
Corey Hill, 1900s
York Terrace, looking southwest
Corey Hospital
Brooks Hospital, 227 Summit Ave.
Buildings still standing.
Beacon St. & Summit Ave., 1885; Elizabeth F. Raymond Mansion
Entrance seen from Beacon St.; Elbridge Wason-designed Queen Anne style homes at the bottom of Summit Ave visible on the right.This photo has an excellent view of the small ramps that were placed at the end of the planks of the wooden sidewalks.
 1  [2] Next