Brookline Historical Society
Aspinwall Ave. Area

Original Aspinwall House & St. Paul's Church, circa 1860s
Aspinwall House is on the far right, erected circa 1660, torn down 1891. Oldest of several photos with the great elm at the rear corner of the house still standing. St. Paul St. looking north, Aspinwall Ave. follows the fence to the right.
Aspinwall House, Aspinwall Ave. Fall of the Great Elm, 1863
Three generations of Aspinwall family. (L to R) Mary Aspinwall, Mrs. Colonel Aspinwall, Colonel Thomas Aspinwall, Thomas Aspinwall, Mrs. William Aspinwall, William Aspinwall (in arms of mother)
Aspinwall House, circa 1880s
At the site of the present-day Ward Park on Aspinwall Ave. Great elm tree is gone.
Aspinwall House, circa 1888
The rectory, built in 1885-86, has appeared behind St. Paul's Church
St. Paul's Church, circa 1880s
Aspinwall House is on the far right, torn down 1891. St. Paul St. looking north to the left, Aspinwall Ave. to the right.
Aspinwall House, Aspinwall Ave.
Before 1891. Note two children peering from middle window.
Aspinwall House, circa 1891
Fence going along the rear of the house has been removed and new one going down the backyard has appeared. Flag pole installed on top of house.
Aspinwall House, circa 1891
St. Pauls Episcopal Church, 1912
Aspinwall Ave. to the right
St. Paul's Church
Aspinwall Ave. to the right, looking east; St Paul St to the left.
St. Paul St. at Aspinwall Ave., Looking Southwest Towards Harvard St.
Circa 1915. 79 Aspinwall foreground left. Note horses getting water at the pump with an early automobile in the background.
[Source: Olmsted]
Aspinwall Ave. & St. Paul St., St. Paul's Church
Aspinwall Ave. to the right, looking east
Aspinwall Ave., 1920s
Looking east from Harrison St. 194 Aspinwall Ave is the first house on the left.
Aspinwall Ave. & Harrison St., November 1915
Looking west. Horse-drawn cart is in front of #194, Harrison St. comes in after that.
[Source: Olmsted]
Aspinwall Ave. & Toxteth St., November 1915
Looking west just before Toxteth St. #168 Aspinwall Ave. is the first house on the right.
[Source: Olmsted]
114-98 Brook St., March 1, 1921
All buildings still standing except McDonnell's. Martin F. McDonnell had the grocery store at 110 Brook St. from 1904 - 1921.
[Source: Olmsted]
Lawrence School, Francis St.
Named after Amos A. Lawrence. Replaced in 1929.
Lawrence School, Francis St., circa 1894
Building no longer standing
 
© 2016 Brookline Historical Society. All rights reserved.