Streets of Brookline

Prev - Zoom - Next
Harvard St., August 22, 1918
Looking north, photo probably taken by Henry A. Varney, the town engineer. From left to right:
  • #286: Beacon Universalist Church, currently in use as a movie theater
  • #290 (at the corner of the Beacon building): Louis White, tailor
  • A rare view of the newly constructed building at 294-300 Harvard St. that replaced a family house there in 1915. This ornate-appearing building was demolished in 1926 and replaced with the one-story structure that is there today.
  • #294: The large sign for the "Coolidge Corner Bowling Alley" which opened in April 1916
  • #296: Carlow and Sullivan, Hardware
  • The large “Bowling ” sign cannot be sourced.

Courtesy, the Brookline Preservation Department