Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Beacon St. & Powell, The Amory Estate, 1887
Looking north from Beacon. Powell St. is just off to the left. Built in 1846, located at today's 20 Amory Street (Amory Park is toward the right), the house burned down after the death of Anna Amory in 1895. The post system that surrounded the Amory property can be seen on the left along with the stone tunnel under Powell St. for the creek.

From the 1887 photo series taken just before the widening of Beacon St.

[Courtesy of the Digital Commonwealth (CC BY-NC-ND). From the Brookline Photograph Collection published by the Public Library of Brookline]