Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Washington St., North of the Village, circa 1876
This is one of a pair of rare wide-angle photos of early Washington St. The view is looking south from the area of the library. The first structure on the right is Goodspeed’s livery stable at 316 Washington St. followed by the small two-story building with the angled roof at 314 Washington St. that housed the carpentry business of Willard Goodwin from roughly 1870 to 1899. The other buildings housed a collection of carpenters and painters.

Courtesy, Brookline Public Library. From Photographs of Brookline: taken about 1876 / Richard Hills. Call No.: BROOKLINE/Special (CAGE B.R. 974 H6).