Streets of Brookline


Prev - Large - Next
J. M. Seamans & Co.
256 Washington St., corner of Davis Ave. In 1889, James Manning Seamans replaced his wooden two-story store with this brick building that still stands. His son, Manning Seamans, took over the business from his father. Upon the latter’s death in 1910, the business was closed and replaced by William Dexter Paine, Stationer.

Courtesy, the Brookline Preservation Department