Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Brookline Village, 1939
Looking at the north side of Lower Washington St. The Lyceum Hall Pharmacy had been at 113 Washington St. since 1902 and had previously been the apothecary of Emanuel de Vicq for several years before that. It would soon be replaced by a movie theater. The truck of A. Burkhardt is from a family firm, now called Burkhardt Bros. Moving and Storage, that was started in 1888 and is still in business today.

[Courtesy of Historic New England]