Streets of Brookline

Prev - Zoom - Next
Walnut St. and Morss Ave.
Occupied at the time of this photo by the Brookline Riding Academy at #2 and #4 Walnut St, this building was first erected in 1875 by the Metropolitan Railway Co. to house the horse-drawn cars servicing the Brookline-Roxbury Crossing-Tremont House line. It was closed as a car house in December, 1894, with the move to new electrified routes, and demolished in 1918.

From the collection of Leo Sullivan