Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Cabot School, First Grade, 1892
A four-room school house at 32 Marion St. that opened in April 1888 and is no longer standing. When the school on Harvard and Pleasant streets was closed for the 1888 widening of Beacon St., the students moved to the Cabot School. For the 1891-1892 school session the principle was Lillian M. Watton and the first-grade teachers were Annie M. Osgood, Helen F. Wetherbee, and Mary E. Kingsbury.

Page 3, plate 7278. From an album of fifty photographs of Brookline schools, classrooms, and examples of clay modeling, wood-working, and cooking. Produced for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition.

Courtesy, the Brookline Preservation Department