Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Cabot School, 1892
A four-room school house at 32 Marion St. that opened in April 1888 and is no longer standing. When the school on Harvard and Pleasant streets was closed for the 1888 widening of Beacon St., the students moved to the Cabot School. The house at 44 Marion St. is under construction on the right, still standing.

Page 1, plate 7276. From an album of fifty photographs of Brookline schools, classrooms, and examples of clay modeling, wood-working, and cooking. Produced for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition.

Courtesy, the Brookline Preservation Department