Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Harvard Sq., Brookline Village, circa 1910
Identified locations from left to right:
  • Rhodes Bros., Groceries and Provisions. Opened in 1906 in the new building at 10-11 Harvard Sq. which still stands today.
  • The two horses of the Twin Elm Spring Water delivery wagon drinking from the fountain. The banner on top advertises “Famous For Purity”
  • The top of the steeple of the Baptist Church visible behind Rhodes Bros.
  • An unidentified wagon with a man standing in its rear possibly making a delivery to a rear entrance of Rhodes Bros.
  • St. Mary’s church at the corner of Harvard St. and Linden Place.
  • The sign advertising « Ice Cream » of the Papouleas Confectionery store at 39 Harvard St.
  • The store sign of T. H. Dyer, Provisions, above the awning, is visible at 33 Harvard St.
  • The large brick building of the Brookline National Bank on the corner of Kent St.


Courtesy, the Brookline Preservation Commission