Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
37 Harvard Ct. - July, 1924
House of Donald Finley Macleod. He was the long-time caretaker for the Wilson family at 161 Harvard St. In 1924, Anna and Lydia Wilson, aging sisters who never married and still lived in the family house, sold the property. The caretakerís house in the rear was moved down the hill to this location at the end of Harvard Court. The rear of the apartment building on Alton Ct., still standing, is viewed on the left. The rear of The Henry C. Bell auto garage at 2 St. Paul St., no longer standing, is on the right. In the distance is the steeple of St. Paulís Episcopal Church.

From the photo album of the family of Donald Finley Macleod, caretaker of 161 Harvard St.