School Photos

Prev - Zoom - Next
Cabot School, Kindergarten, 1892
A four-room school house at 32 Marion St. that opened in April 1888 and is no longer standing. When the school on Harvard and Pleasant streets was closed for the 1888 widening of Beacon St., the students moved to the Cabot School. For the 1891-1892 school session the principle was Lillian M. Watton and the kindergarten teachers were Annie P. Burgess and Florence Hersey.

Page 2, plate 7277. From an album of fifty photographs of Brookline schools, classrooms, and examples of clay modeling, wood-working, and cooking. Produced for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition.
incl. Streets

Image Courtesy the Brookline Preservation Department