|Roger Edmund Tileston, 1886|
1869 - 1922; married, 1897, Maria Regina Gordon; parents: John Boies Tileston and Mary Wilder Foote; May 1885 to January 1889 lived on Harvey St., corner of Walnut. 1898: lived at 173 Walnut; 1900-1903: lived at 33 Edge Hill Rd.
He was a principle in Tileston and Hollingsworth, a paper manufacturer located in Hyde Park, and continued in that industry among several other firms. He graduated from Harvard in 1891 by which time the family had moved to Milton, which also would have been reasonably close to the main paper mill on the Neponset River. His father died in 1898 and his mother moved to 71 Marlborough St. in the Back Bay. The settlement of Roger’s 1915 divorce went to the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. By 1916, Mary Wilder Foote Tileston had moved back to Brookline at 43 Appleton St. Roger’s sister, Amelia, also appears in this album. The exact location of the family’s 1885 house is currently unresolved. The city directories list the address as Upland Ave. (then Harvey St.), corner of Walnut St. yet the 1888 Atlas shows no structures at that location. It is our speculation that they lived in one the houses on Walnut owned by Edward Philbrick. John Boies Tileston was in the Harvard class of 1855 with Edward's younger brother, William Dean Philbrick and Roger later lived at 173 Walnut, a Philbrick house.