Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Boylston St.,Near Cypress St., January 22, 1913
  • . The tall brick building on the far left was constructed circa 1906 and housed the Elizabeth B. Hall Stables at 316 Boylston St. The lower-height addition to the right was added a few years later, right behind the existing house. The main brick stable was still in use in 2019 as a car barn at an auto dealership.
  • The house of George S. Cushing, also at 316 Boylston St., torn down in 1914 by the owner of the garage.
  • The house of Alex Strain, in the rear, at 144 Cypress St.
  • The house of Annie C. Crocker at 136 Cypress St.
  • Cypress St.


[Courtesy of the Digital Commonwealth (CC BY-NC-ND). From the Brookline Photograph Collection published by the Public Library of Brookline]