Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Brookline Village, circa 1898
Visible on the left:
  • 214 Washington St., Kenrick Bros., Plumbers
  • 222 Washington St., “Law Office” sign in the upstairs window probably for the office of Foster and Nash, lawyers
  • 222 Washington St., the upstairs office of John F. Fleming, gasfitter and electrician
  • 224 Washington St., Young & Brown, pharmacy
In the center:
  • 287-289 Washington St. The sign is not legible
  • 285 Washington St., the post office. By 1902, it had moved over to the National Bank Building, a few doors to the right and across Harvard St.
  • 279 Washington St., the store of Nelson C. Thompson, furniture and upholstery.
  • 13 Harvard Sq., the grocery store of T. H. Dyer in the Harvard Hall building.
  • 11 Harvard Sq., Frank F. Seamens, Groceries, in the Harvard Hall building
On the right foreground:
  • 205 Washington St. on the corner with Station St., Nelson Bros., Grocers


Courtesy, the Brookline Preservation Department