Streets of Brookline

Prev - Zoom - Next
Devotion St. Engine House
The station was opened in 1893 on Devotion St. to serve the North Brookline area where farm land was being rapidly transformed into housing developments. The front fašade and doors were virtually identical to those of Hose Company #3 which had just opened in 1891. The station was later replaced by the current Fire Station 5 at 49 Babcock St.

Shown is the Amoskeag Steam Engine #2 which was acquired in Spring 1896 and later moved to the Washington Sq. station when the latter opened in late 1899.