Streets of Brookline

Prev - Zoom - Next
Village Transfer Station, circa 1911
On Lower Washington St., recently completed in September, 1909. On the left is Boylston St. looking west. The grocery store of Thomas F. McMahon is visible behind the left platform. The Sagamore Café, which closed in April 1912, and the drug store of T. E. Burns are visible behind the second station.

Courtesy of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority