Streets of Brookline

Prev - Zoom - Next
P. J. Burns, Horse Shoeing, Brookline Village, 1905
South side of Lower Washington St., #144, corner High St. Hose House 1 is partially visible on the left. Right rear, #4 High St. is partially visible. The fire station is showing banners for the 1905 bicentennial. These buildings were all demolished in 1907-1908 and the current fire station was opened on this site in 1909.

[Courtesy of the Digital Commonwealth (CC BY-NC-ND). From the Brookline Photograph Collection published by the Public Library of Brookline]