Streets of Brookline


Prev - Zoom - Next
Lyceum Hall Building, Lower Washington St., circa 1905
The Lyceum Hall, a longtime landmark on Lower Washington St., housed the Lyceum Pharmacy at #113 and the Lyceum Cafe at #109 (1905-1910). The entrance to the business of J. H. Maher, carriage and harness manufacturer, was in the middle at #111. James W. Clattenburgh ran his coal delivery business in the back at #107 and he lived next door at #105 until 1903. The best guess is that his sign hasnít been taken down yet.

[Courtesy of the Digital Commonwealth (CC BY-NC-ND). From the Brookline Photograph Collection published by the Public Library of Brookline]