|112 High St., September, 1916|
Looking down Cumberland Ave. toward Pond Ave. Designed by Cabot and Chandler and built in 1884 for Charles Storrow and Martha Cabot Storrow. It has been described as "is an intensely developed F.L. Olmsted, Sr. landscape that includes a ravine spanned by a stone bridge and hills banked up against a street-edge retaining wall of rough puddingstone boulders, forming a sort of "ha ha" (a one sided wall not visible from inside the property). "
[Courtesy of the National Park Service, Frederick Law Olmsted National Historic Site]