Streets of Brookline

Prev - Zoom - Next
Beacon St. between Park and Marion, 1887
Beacon St. going west to the right. House of Albert H. Cushing. To the left are the garage and a shed of the George Armstrong house, on Marion St. The two houses in the foreground would be soon removed with the widening of Beacon St.

From the 1887 photo series taken just before the widening of Beacon St., most likely by Augustine H. Folsom, a Boston photographer.

[Courtesy of the Digital Commonwealth (CC BY-NC-ND). From the Brookline Photograph Collection published by the Public Library of Brookline]