Streets of Brookline

Prev - Large - Next
Beacon St., Circa 1920
Looking west, Winchester St. comes in in the distance, Center is just off screen to the right. The two-story building housing the storefronts in the foreground was constructed 1914-15 replacing the house of D. Blakely Hoar at 1372 Beacon St. All structures still stand today. The stores from right to left:
  • 1372 Beacon: Henry S. Hatch, Undertaker
  • 1374 Beacon: Beacon News Co. Magazines can be seen hanging in the window.
  • 1374a Beacon: Coolidge Corner Shoe Repairing Co. James De Luca, proprietor.
  • 1376 Beacon: Kim Wah Laundry

From postcard