Photo Collection


Prev - Large - Next
Fire Station G (now Station 7), Washington Sq., circa 1900
Station G at 665 Washington St. was opened in late 1899 and is still active today as Fire Station No. 7. It is probable that the station here has recently opened as there are no inscriptions yet on the entrances and the future growth of ivy on the left side is not evident.

On the left is Hook and Ladder #1. The listed driver in 1900 was George L. Newcomb. The man with the double columns of buttons is likely either Lieutenant Clarence E. Mallar or Captain John F. Hutchins.

In the center is Combination Company #4. The combination wagon acted as a quick-response vehicle carrying hoses, chemical extinguishers, and equipment. The listed driver in 1900 was Michael Kelley. The man with the double columns of buttons is likely Lieutenant Selden R. Allen.

On the right is Steam Engine #2. The listed driver in 1900 was Francis J. Mealey.
incl. Streets

Lantern Slide Collection #38