Beacon St. Photos


Prev - Zoom - Next
1560 Beacon St.
Built in 1892 for Benjamin Lombard Jr., a banker and real estate executive. The Lombards moved to 349 Coomonwealth Ave. circa 1905 and King Gilette, the inventor of the modern razor blade, bought the house circa 1907 and lived there until 1913. The house was torn down in 1944.